Thursday, July 14, 2011

White Noise





First of all, it's been a few weeks since I've posted so apologies to those who read the blog. It's been a busy couple of weeks.

I've had a shift in gears, a mental rev up. All through art school there were always students who didn't know which teacher to listen too, what direction to go in. That wasn't me. I really had a great time. I trusted my gut, and went with it quickly.

When I started making  money from my art I thought maybe that I should stop and listen to what people had to say, now that I depended on selling art to pay all of my expenses. I should have known better. When you listen to a lot of people's opinion's it's like watching the television without reception.  It's just a whole lot of white noise.

Whenever I trust my gut, create without an end result in mind.... Don't worry about deadlines, or time, I usually paint the quickest.  I get paintings that people are happy to pay $9000 for, and they are worth it.

These last 2 months I have surpassed the sales that I made in my February exhibition........I know it's because I just don't hear that white noise any more, and can hear myself beating to a new drum.

No comments:

Post a Comment