Monday, August 8, 2011

THE CHAOS THEORY




I was out the other night at a friends exhibition, and some of the men had gathered around to discuss the Chaos theory.  I'm interested in people, and what makes people tick, but not really one for standing around and discussing theories. I'd more of a person of action than someone who chooses to discuss action.

The Chaos theory in short is that no two situations are the same, so you can never predict any long term out come of any situation. I felt my eyes crossing over, and it wasn't the red wine. Here's something that I can predict! Men trying to impress a woman, not to mention each other with their very knowledgeable knowledge.

Maths underpins everything we do. I remember the biology teacher trying to explain something similar about biology....The science of nature underpins life itself, but it was clearly lost on me.
The trees and flowers were beautiful enough without further explanation, or dissection, and I preferred to conduct my experiments on my handsome lab partner.

Yes the Chaos theory was in full swing when my boyfriend interjected that "That if anyone knows anything about Chaos it's Mia" Well I'm definitely not a Virgo like my mother and my sister, but the more my art monster expands, I need to be organized in a way that I never have before just to meet the growing demands.

That is any one week involves making prints, mailing them out, working on commissions, working on prizes, and for 2 exhibitions at the same time, paper work, liaising with clients, marketing and on and on. So I've engaged a life coach to sort out my personal Chaos theory, and get this ship, ship shape.

Before I worked like crazy on the painting, but would leave all the paper work to build up and and guitily lurk in the back of my mind. I'd make sporadic inroads, then let it all pile up again!
 Now with the help of a life coach all the days have different tasks, in order of most important to least, and everything is seeming a whole lot more manageable.

The painting shown above THE ESSENCE OF PARADISE was recently sold to a collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment