Saturday, January 7, 2012

JUNGLE LOVE

Mia Oatley
Mia Oatley

Lime Forest

Mia Oatley's latest exhibition "Jungle Love" is her first solo exhibition in Queensland with Gallery One on the Gold Coast. "Jungle Love" follows on from a successful 2011, with Australia's top publications featuring articles on her including Belle Magazine, Vogue Living, Queensland Homes Magazine and The Sydney Morning Herald.
After a successful show with Richard Martin Gallery in Sydney, Mia's portrait of Jasper knight for the Archibald Prize was selected for this years Salon Des Refuses. Her growing national and international appeal has seen collectors Australia wide and from cities such as Hong Kong, London and Paris, add Mia's work to their collections.


Mia Oatley

Liquid Garden

Mia Oatley

Contemplation

Jungle love - Artist statement.
"Earlier this year I went on a trip to Bali, partly as a holiday, and partly to meet my boyfriends son who was 8 at the time. We took him to the Bali Bird Park, somewhere I probably never would have gone if I hadn't of been with a Kid. I couldn't have imagined how much I would enjoy it, and how indelible the images of the tropical birds and landscape would be. Since returning the saturated colours of the jungle, and tropical birds have wound their way into my figurative work. The languid decadent women who live in eternal summers, are my way of tapping in to a part of myself that's calm and at one with nature. The world that I create in my paintings is a way of blowing off the mundanity, and stresses of every day living. Meeting my boyfriends son for the first time at his school in the jungle was the beginning of a deep love with my man, and this new little person that was going to be a part of my life."
For further information contact miaoatley@gmail.com

1 comment: