Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something For Everyone



Just before I left art school in 2003-2004 I was selling large paintings for $1300, which was a whole lot of money for me then, and it sure beat the pay I received as a Nanny,  or any other bitsy job that I did to get by as a student. Within 5 months of art school finishing, I was showing my work in a commercial gallery, and the prices had doubled to $2500, but after giving the gallery their cut you are almost where you started with the $1300. The next show my prices went up again by another $1000, and so it continued to go, until after 7 years of pursuing art as a career the same sized painting is now selling for $7000.

Still reasonable in comparison to many other artists, but I am aware that these prices will be unaffordable for many of my early collectors. Hell, I couldn't afford these prices myself. So for the original collectors, those that have supported my career, and also for the guys that are just getting into art, that are young, and that really like my work I will have 5 of these collage drawings on sale at
Richard Martin Art for $800.

19feb-2nd March
98 Holdsworth Street
Woollahra, NSW

The Collage Drawings have been really popular over the last few years with collectors. 
Small and sweet, Framed up they measure 59cm x46cm, so they are ideal as a gift, or just to keep for your self!




No comments:

Post a Comment